Canadian Martyrs Catholic Church – Church Bulletin
Passion (Palm) Sunday – Apr 13, 2014
“Our God is not a God ‘spray’, he is tangible; he is not abstract but has a name, ‘God is Love’.¨ ~ Pope Francis
Jesus awaits you in the Sacrament of Mercy!
Lenten Confession on
Apr 14 & 15 (Mon & Tue), 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Apr 18 (Good Friday) 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Chrism Mass Apr 16 (Wed) 5:00 p.m. at Holy Rosary Cathedral. All are welcome.
Holy Week Liturgy
(all in English & Chinese except on Easter Sunday)
Apr 17 (Thu) 8:00 pm Mass of the Lord’s Supper
Apr 18 (Fri) 3:00 pm Good Friday
(1) Fasting & Abstinence From age of 14 are bound to abstain from meat. Those from 18 years to the beginning of their 60th year are bound to fast i.e. no meat with only one full meal be taken.
(2) The Holy Land Collection will be in support of the Christian communities, the Holy Land, the upkeep of the Holy Sites and the formation of future priests. Let us give generously and show solidarity to the needs of the Church in the land of Jesus.
Apr 19 (Sat) 9:00 pm Easter Vigil (with adult baptism)
Apr 20 (Sun) Easter Sunday
9:30 am Chinese Mass
11:45 am English Mass (with adult baptism)
Please note that there will be no morning Mass
on Apr 17-19 nor regular Mandarin Mass on Apr 19.
Year of Hope “So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)
Two Popes, Two Saints On Divine Mercy Sunday, Apr 27, Pope John XXII and John Paul II will be canonized in Rome, and our Archdiocese will celebrate it at PNE’s Pacific Coliseum, starting with Grand Procession at 2:00 p.m. Divine Mercy at 2:30 p.m. and Mass at 3:00 p.m. with Archbishop Miller. Please collect your reserved entrance tickets and pay your bus fare at $8 each after Mass today. On that day, bus will leave at 12:20 p.m. and 12:45 p.m. sharp. Please be on time.
Divine Mercy Sunday on April 27th
The late Pope John Paul II granted a Plenary Indulgence to the faithful for participation in this Feast of Mercy under the following conditions:
1) Sacramental Confession 8 days prior to or after the Feast Day.
2) Offer prayers for the intentions of the Pope.
3) Receive Communion in a state of grace on Divine Mercy Sunday. Sunday Mass fulfills this obligation.
4) Participate in a special prayer service in honor of the Divine Mercy on that day or at least recite before the Blessed Sacrament an Our Father, the Creed and a devout prayer to Merciful Jesus: ¨Jesus, I trust in You.
To prepare for this Feast, please start the Divine Mercy Novena on Good Friday, April 18, 2014.
Easter Octave Twilight Retreat Let your discouragement be transformed into joy and new found courage. Apr 23 (Wed) 6:00 - 8:30 p.m. followed by Taize chants, immersing the soul in the simplicity of prayer and music at Rosemary Heights Retreat Centre. Cost $30. Contact 604-576-8802.
Living and Leading by Faith Archdiocesan Spring Institute offers one-day faith formation on Apr 26 at St. Patrick School, Vancouver from 10:00 a.m. - 4:0 p.m. Topics include Basics of the Faith, Core Catholic Life, Adolescent Development and more. Cost $45 including lunch. Register online www.rcav.org/oc-spring.
“Finding God in All Things” Series Catherine M. Kelly M. Div will facilitate them at St. Joseph the Worker Parish. Apr 28 on Praying with scripture, May 5 on Praying with your imagination and May 12 on Praying with God in your day. $20/session, call or email Joe or Katherine at 604-484-4525 or email@example.com.
Is your Marriage in Crisis? Retrouvaille is a Catholic peer ministry which offers a two-month program for needed couples. Apr 25-27 for lower mainland, call 604-530-6710.Lent
Post a Comment