Canadian Martyrs Catholic Church – Church Bulletin
Palm Sunday – March 24, 2013
Lenten Confession in our Parish Mar 25 (Mon) & 26 (Tue) 7:30 - 9:00 p.m. and Mar 29 (Fri) 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. (Please refer to other parishes in Richmond for their schedule)
Holy Week Liturgy (all in English & Chinese except on Easter Sunday)
Mar 28 (Thu) 8:00 pm Mass of the Lord's Supper
Mar 29 (Fri) 3:00 pm Good Friday
(1) From age of 14 are bound to abstain from meat. Those from 18 years to the beginning of their 60th year are bound to fast i.e. no meat with only one full meal be taken.
(2) The Good Friday Collection will be in support of the Christian communities, the Holy Land, the upkeep of the Holy Sites and the formation of future priests. Let us give generously and show solidarity to the needs of the Church in the land of Jesus.
Mar 30 (Sat) 9:00 pm Easter Vigil (with adult baptism)
Mar 31 (Sun) Easter Sunday
9:30 am Chinese Mass
11:45 am English Mass (with baptism)
Divine Mercy Sunday - April 7th
A Plenary Indulgence will be granted to the faithful who participate in this Feast of Mercy under the following conditions:
1. Sacramental Confession 8 days prior to or after the Feast Day.
2. Offer prayers for the intentions of the Pope.
3. Receive Communion in a state of grace on Divine Mercy Sunday. Sunday Mass fulfills this obligation.
4. Participate in a special prayer service in honor of the Divine Mercy on that day or at least recite before the Blessed Sacrament an Our Father, The Creed and devout prayer to Merciful Jesus: "Jesus, I trust in You." Divine Mercy Devotion will be held at our Church on April 7th at 3:00 pm in Cantonese. All are welcome. To prepare for this Feast, please pray the Divine Mercy Novena starting on Good Friday, March 29, 2013.
Prayer Please pray for those preparing for baptism, confirmation or those who will be received into full communion into the church this Easter.
First Friday Mass & Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament Apr 5 (Fri). Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament from 9:00 am to 7:45 pm. Vocations hour at 6 pm, Benediction at 7:45 pm followed by Mass in Cantonese at 8:00 p.m. Please sign up at the Info Counter.
CM Voice Colour version is available online at our website http://cmartyrs.rcav.org. Also, your contribution of articles is always welcome.
Funeral Mass for late Margaret Chen will be held on Mar 26 (Tue) 11:00 a.m. at church. There will be no vigil the night before.
Rest in Peace - Lucia Cheung & Yips Hui
A presentation by Catholic After Hours "Just War Theory - A Philosophical and Theological Outline" by Daniel Hahn will be held on Mar 24 (Sun) at St Regis Bar and Grill, 608 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver. Dinner at 6:30 p.m.; Talk at 7:30 p.m. There is a small cover charge. More info on Catholic After Hours Facebook page.
A Telecast by The National Catholic Mission 2013 Speakers Fr. Ron Rolheiser, OMI, Fr. Anthony Gittins, CSSp and Fr. Pat Fitzpatrick, CSSp will address the subject of Trust the lack of which can lead to paranoia and fear. It will be telecast on Vision TV on Mar 25 & 26. Part I is scheduled for Mar 25 at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.; Part II on Mar 26 at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
EWTN Catholic TV station EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network) is available free in Shaw 167 and TELUS 160 till April 30.
Vancouver International Airport Chapel Mass and Service at 4 p.m. on Holy Thursday - March 28, Good Friday - March 29 and Easter Sunday - March 31. YVR Airport Chapel is located at the International Arrivals Level.
Is Your Marriage in Crisis Retrouvaille is Your Answer. For confidential information or to register for the program beginning the weekend of April 19 - 21, call 604-530-6710, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.retrouvaille.org; www.retrouvaillevancouver.com.
Corpus Christi College Preview Day for high school students this Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. You will sit in a "Mini" college lecture, tour the campus, meet with faculty & staff. Visit www.corpuschristi.ca and register email@example.com.
St. Anthony's Preschool Contact 604-261-4043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post a Comment